I have to say that THIS is one of my favourite sweets…the classic marble cake.
125 gms butter
3 1/4 cup caster sugar
1 1/2 cup self raising flour
1/2 cup of milk (or alternatively use evaporated milk for a creamier flavour)
1 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence
2 tbs cocoa powder
1. Cream the butter & sugar till it’s white and fluffy.
2. Add the vanilla essence and carry on whisking for another 2 mins or so.
3. Add the eggs and fold into the mixture.
4. Add half of the flour and half of the milk – keep folding.
5. Add the rest of the flour and milk into the mixture. Keep checking the consistency.
6. Separate 1/4 of the mixture into another bowl and add cocoa powder with a touch of milk, and fold.
7. Grease a deep baking tin with a little butter and start layering the 2 mixtures. Cream then chocolate and so on.
8. Bake in the oven at a 150 degrees for around 40 mins – check that it’s baked all the way through before removing from the oven.
Serve with a nice cup of tea…mmm!!!