Hope you are all having a lovely weekend with loved ones. As usual, didn’t do much cooking this weekend apart from making my easy home made kebabs with roasted veg and brown rice (I posted this recipe a few weeks ago).
I did find a lovely recipe online though for Strawberry Muffins seeing as I had bought a lot of strawberries on Friday, but I added cocoa powder and turned them into Chocolate & Strawberry Muffins.
• 60 ml vegetable oil
• 120 ml milk
• 1 egg
• half tsp of salt
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 100g white sugar
• 200g self raising flour
• 20g cocoa powder
• 1 tsp vanilla essence
• 155g chopped strawberries
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius and line a muffin tray with paper liners.
2. In a small bowl, combine oil, milk, vanilla essence and egg. Beat lightly.
3. In a large bowl, mix flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and sugar. Toss in the chopped strawberries and stir to coat with flour.
4. Pour in milk mixture and stir together.
5. Fill muffin cups and bake for 25 minutes, or until the cake tester comes out clean when you pierce the muffins.
Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
May the rest of your Sunday be filled with sunshine and smiles! ☀️😊
Note: I did change quite a lot of the recipe by adding vanilla essence, using self raising flour instead of plain flour, adding the cocoa powder and because I did not have canola oil, I used vegetable oil.