Hope you had a lovely relaxing weekend! I don’t normally cook on Saturdays…(if I can help it😉) as it’s always nice to eat out and discover different food places for a change. So, apart from the lazy dish I made for our Sunday lunch, I prepared this simple spicy dish on Friday night and served it with a warm mixed crunchy vegetable & egg noodle salad.
for the chicken…
– 2 pieces of chicken breast
– 5 cloves of garlic (minced)
– 2 chunky slices of ginger (minced)
– 1 teaspoon chopped chillis (reduce or increase the amount according to your taste)
– Chopped peanuts
– Sesame oil
– Fish sauce
1. In a large bowl or container, combine all the above ingredients (except the peanuts) to the chicken breasts and marinade for 4 hours or overnight.
3. Leave this to roast for 45 mins or until chicken is thoroughly cooked and the peanuts are golden brown.
In the meantime, prep the vegetables and boil the egg noodles for the warm salad. Here’s what I used…
– Sweet red and green Italian peppers
– Oyster mushrooms
– Sugar snap peas
(Cut all the above vegetables into long strips)
– Garlic (minced)
– Ready fried tofu (because I had leftovers…so this is optional 😊)
REMEMBER TO CHECK ON THE CHICKEN
4. In a hot wok, sauté the onions and garlic in a tablespoon of sunflower oil and a tablespoon of sesame oil for 5 minutes.
5. Add into the wok, the oyster mushrooms and tofu. Sauté for another 2 minutes before adding the egg noodles.
6. Add a few dashes of the fish sauce and make sure the noodles are evenly covered with the mixture.
7. Add the remaining vegetables, mix them around and take it off the heat.
8. Take the chicken out of the oven, leave it to rest for 5 minutes before slicing them.
Between my husband and I, we got 4 meals out of it!! Plenty leftovers for my “I don’t cook on Saturdays” theory! I hope you will enjoy it too! 😊