Last night I made a quick and simple dinner of mussels in coconut milk with a hint of chilli and lime! The only time consuming part of this dish was scrubbing and cleaning the mussels!
What you will need…
– 1kg of mussels
– 1 onion (thinly sliced)
– 4 cloves of garlic (minced)
– half a teaspoon of chilli flakes (I am yet to find fresh red chillies here!)
– 2 tbsp of chopped coriander
– 2 tbsp of fish sauce
– 1 can of coconut milk
– 1 lime
– cracked black pepper
1. Make sure the mussels are scrubbed clean. If there are ones that are open, throw them away!
3. Sauté the onions and garlic until the onions are soft. Add some cracked black pepper.
4. Lower the heat slightly and add the coconut milk, fish sauce, chilli flakes, lime juice and a tablespoon of the chopped coriander. Simmer this for 10 minutes.
Quick, simple & delicious!😋
Note: Because I made this dish as a main meal, I threw in some fried tofu and pak choi!