I must say that am not a big fan of anything that’s deep fried…but this spicy dish is an exception and I only cook it once every few months. I think the last time I cooked this dish was when we were living in Galicia, probably 4 months ago. But last night I had a hankering for it and wanted something spicy!
What you will need…
– Chicken breast (cut into long thin strips)
– Garlic (minced)
– Onion (quartered)
– Fresh Red Chilli (from a jar seeing as I’ve not found fresh ones here)
– Fish sauce
– Sesame seeds
– Sesame oil (for flavour)
– Sunflower oil
– Cracked black pepper
– Egg (beaten)
– Flour (enough to coat the chicken strips)
I have not given the quantity of the ingredients this time as you can make this according to your own taste.
1. Firstly, prep the onions, garlic and broccoli then put aside for now.
2. Set 2 bowls aside, one for the egg and one for the seasoned flour.
6. Now in a hot wok, add sunflower oil, sesame oil and sauté the onion, garlic, chilli and ginger.
7. When onions are soft, add into the wok the crispy chicken strips and some fish sauce. Make sure the chicken is covered in the ingredients.
8. Add the broccoli and a little water to work up a steam.
9. Sprinkle with some sesame seeds and it’s ready to be served.
Spicy, tasty & it will make your tastebuds happy! 😊
Yet another dish without salt!