After a few days of not having any rice while my friend was over for a visit, I decided to make this colourful dish so full of fresh flavours to have over some rice for dinner last night.
For the chicken…
• 6 pieces of chicken thighs & drumsticks
• 1tsp ground turmeric
• 2tsp cracked black pepper
• 2tbsp sesame oil
• salt to taste
(Rub the chicken with the above ingredients and marinade for at least 3 hours)
For the sauce
• 150ml sweet chilli sauce (you can get this in any Chinese supermarket)
• 3 cloves garlic (minced)
• 2 thick chunks of ginger
• 1 small red onion (cut in rings)
• half sweet red pepper (cut in chunks)
• half sweet green pepper (cut in chunks)
• Pineapples (quantity as desired!)
• Chopped cilantro & spring onions (scallions)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius and place the chicken to roast for 1 hour or until skin is crunchy.
2. In a heated wok, add 1 tbsp of sunflower oil and 1 tbsp of sesame oil and sauté the onions, garlic, ginger and peppers for 2 mins.
3. Throw in the pineapples and cook for a further 5 mins or until the pineapples are slightly soft.
Sweet, a little bit spicy, SO simple and plenty leftovers if you’re just cooking for 2!
Have a happy Thursday! 😊