A few days ago I really wanted a good apple crumble. Unfortunately you can’t get it here, so off I went online searching for inspiring ideas. If you have been following my blog, you will notice that I’m not into making time consuming food/dessert unless it’s absolutely necessary. I came across one of Jamie Oliver’s recipes but I did make some minor changes to the recipe though to suit my own taste…
For the filling…
• 400 g apples, cored and quartered (I opted not to peel the skin)
• 50 g brown sugar, to sweeten
• 50ml water
• 1 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C. Core the apples, quarter and cut into chunks.
2. Put the apples into a pan with the sugar, water and cinnamon. Cook over a low heat for 15 minutes and place in a small ovenproof dish (add more water should it dry up while it’s cooking in the pan.)
3. Place the flour and oats in a bowl and mix well. Cut the butter into small cubes and add this to the oats and flour. Mix with your fingertips until it resembles an even crumb texture. Add the sugar and mix through.
4. Cover the fruit with the crumble mixture. Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until the crumble is golden and the apple hot.
It was super yummy and I will definitely be making it again!
Have a great weekend! 😊