I’ve always loved coleslaw but I find that the ones you can get at the supermarkets are always way too creamy and even sweet sometimes. I think the last time I actually bought a tub of coleslaw was maybe 2 or 3 years ago. I now enjoy making my own colourful coleslaw where I use purple/red cabbage instead of the usual white ones to give it that bright pinkish, purple tint!
What you will need…
• half a Purple cabbage (sliced lengthwise)
• 3 Carrots (sliced lengthwise)
• half a red onion (thinly diced)
• 2-3 tbsp Mayonnaise
• juice of half a lemon
• A handful of walnuts
• a little salt & half tsp cracked pepper to taste
1. Prep all the veg by slicing them. You could easily use a grater but I like lots of texture and crunch in my coleslaw.
3. Add lemon juice, salt & pepper and mayonnaise to the veg…now comes the fun, messy part…with your hands, mix them up…get in there and get messy! (…or you could use cutlery). You can add the walnuts now or just before serving. Cover with a cling film and leave to refrigerate for at least 30 mins before serving.
Serve with any meal of your choice!
Do try out the coleslaw, it’s crunchy, tangy and far healthier than the ones you can get from the supermarkets! Lots of leftovers for lunch today too!
Have a fabulous Sunday! 💛