The weather here has been quite humid and warm-ish for the last few days and sometimes it can make you feel quite…mmm..how can I word it…”bleh” if you know what I mean.
So for dinner last night, I really felt like having something light and fresh, also I knew my husband would appreciate it too. I love bread, so I made a batch of Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread to go with this salad.
for the chicken salad…
• Chicken breast (whole)
• Dried mixed herbs
• Dried parsley
• Lots of cracked black pepper
• Juice of half a lemon
• Extra virgin olive oil
• Course sea salt to taste
• Baby plum tomatoes
• Mixed leaf salad
1. In a container, combine the chicken breast with the herbs, lemon juice, pepper, salt and olive oil. Leave to marinade for half an hour.
2. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C and cook the chicken till golden. Leave to cool a little before cutting into pieces.
3. In a big bowl, combine the mixed leaves, tomatoes, cucumber, chickpeas, salt & pepper, a drizzle of olive oil and a little lemon juice.
4. Once done, add the chopped chicken to the salad and mix thoroughly.
for the garlic bread…
• Baguette or any bread you desire
• Garlic granules
• Mixed herbs
• Cracked black pepper
• Cheddar cheese (grated)
(I don’t think we need the method for this…😊). Just place in the oven till the cheese melts.
Serve the salad along with the warm cheesy bread…
…and for dessert…just to make things fresher, WATERMELONS!!!
Have a wonderful Wednesday to all! 😊