Last night’s dinner was a quick, no mess…throw everything into the wok and the marinaded chicken wings in the oven. Easy enough? Very!
for the noodles…
• Glass noodles
• Garlic (minced with cracked black pepper)
• Onion (thinly sliced)
• Oyster mushrooms (roughly sliced)
• Red bell pepper (sliced lengthwise)
• Carrot (sliced lengthwise)
• Cilantro (chopped)
• Sesame oil
• Fish sauce
• Lime & walnuts for garnish
1. In a saucepan, bring water to boil and throw in the glass noodles. Cook for 10 mins, drain, rinse with cold water and set aside.
2. Heat up the wok and add sesame oil and sauté the onions till slightly golden.
3. Throw in the minced garlic, fry for 2 mins and add the oyster mushrooms and fish sauce. Sauté for 5 mins and add the noodles, remaining vegetables and the chopped cilantro.
Garnish with cilantro, crushed walnuts, squeeze the lime and serve immediately.
for the chicken wings…
1. Marinade overnight in sesame oil, minced garlic, cracked black pepper, turmeric powder & salt to taste.
2. Place in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees C and cook till golden and crispy.
3. In a wok, place sweet chilli sauce and toss the chicken wings through till they are thoroughly coated.
Get ready to get your fingers sticky as there’s no better way to eat them!
Look at all that stickyness!
Enjoy and have a lovely weekend ahead! 😊