A lunch date with my husband last Tuesday ended up with him having to rush to where I was and taking me to the hospital to get my hand checked out after it was rammed and jammed by a heavy iron door at a secured ATM area.
Anyway, I am truly blessed and grateful that I didn’t break any bones but was in a temporary cast for 48 hours and got 2 tetanus shots. I was just very upset that I wasn’t able to cook for a few days. So when the swelling went down, I was desperate for some Asian delights!
• good quality fillet steak (thinly sliced)
• Garlic & ginger (minced with lots of cracked black pepper)
• Onion (cut into thick rings)
• Carrots (thinly sliced)
• Green pepper (roughly cut)
• Red pepper (roughly cut)
• Oyster mushrooms (roughly cut)
• Sesame oil
• Sesame seeds
• Oyster sauce
• a little bit of chopped chillies (optional)
1. In a heated wok, sauté the onions for 2 mins in the sesame oil.
2. Add the beef and fry till halfway cooked before adding the minced garlic & ginger and chopped chilli. Fry this for another 2 mins.
3. Add the vegetables and fry for 3 mins (I like the vegtables to be slightly crunchy). To that, add a good quantity of oyster sauce and mix till everything is coated in the sauce.
4. Add some sesame seeds to the wok, mix and it’s ready to serve.
Serve with boiled white rice…
This dish is very simple yet full of flavours! I was very careful not to hurt my finger while cooking as it was still very bruised.