Sometimes the best thing to have with a cup of tea or coffee is a simple plain cake…wouldn’t you agree? Nothing fussy, nothing too time consuming, just pure buttery happiness!
• 1 and a half cup self raising flour
• 80gm sugar
• 125gm butter
• half tsp baking powder
• 2 eggs
• 170ml evaporated milk
• 1 and a half tsp vanilla essence
• Sultanas (according to your taste)
1. Cream butter and sugar till white and fluffy.
2. Add vanilla essence, the eggs and fold the batter.
3. Add half of the flour and half of the milk, continue to fold.
4. Add the remaining flour and milk. (check the consistency)
5. Add the sultanas and fold into the batter.
6. Line a baking tin with greaseproof paper and bake in a pre heated oven at 150 degrees C for 40 minutes.
Once ready, cool on a wire rack…
Serve with a cuppa, put your feet up and dive into the lovely goodness…
Umm…I could not resist taking a bite while I was cutting a piece for the photo and the bitten piece got in my shot! Ooops!😊
What is your favourite cake?
Happy baking! 💞