I don’t know about you but I just love eggplants! I always try to have them available in my kitchen. I usually tend to just roast them but yesterday I bought a lovely warm Moroccan bread and wanted a dip to have with it.
So off I went online looking for inspiration. Most of the recipes called for roasting the eggplant and removing the skin but I love the skin of an eggplant so I decided to pan fry them, skin on, with a little olive oil. So here’s my take on Baba Ganoush…
• 1 large eggplant (sliced)
• 1 tomato (quartered)
• 2 cloves of garlic (whole)
• 125gms Greek yoghurt
• juice of half a lemon
• 1 tsp fresh mint leaves
• 1 tbsp fresh cilantro
• half tsp cumin
• sea salt & cracked black pepper
• extra virgin olive oil
1. In a skillet, heat a little olive oil and fry the sliced eggplant until golden brown and set aside.
2. In the same skillet, throw in the garlic & tomatoes and sauté till the garlic is slightly brown and tomatoes are soft.
3. Place the Greek yoghurt, cumin, lemon juice, mint, cilantro, the tomatoes & garlic in a food processor and blitz.
4. Now add the cooked eggplant, salt & pepper into the food processor and pulse it. Have a taste to make sure it has a nice balance of flavour.
Garnish with cilantro and serve with crusty warm bread…
What’s your favourite dip?
To end off, just thought I’d share this gorgeous photo my sister in Singapore sent me this morning…
Do you love eggplants as much as I do?💞