It’s difficult to find a good Chinese restaurant in Spain, and we’ve had a few disappointing meals where the flavours were bland, lacked seasoning and some did not taste very Asian at all.
So last night, I decided to re-create a Chinese Takeaway for our dinner and made some simple vegetable & tofu spring rolls as a starter.
• 2 Carrots (sliced thin lengthwise)
• 2 handfuls of Bean sprouts
• Ready fried tofu (roughly chopped)
• 2 cloves garlic (minced with cracked black pepper)
• 8 sheets of Spring Roll pastry
• Fish sauce (or use salt)
• Sesame oil
• Sunflower oil
1. In a hot skillet, sauté the garlic, carrots, tofu and bean sprouts for 3 mins in a little sesame oil & sunflower oil. Add a few dashes of fish sauce. (sauté for a bit longer if you don’t want the veg to be crunchy). Transfer onto a plate and leave to cool completely.
Serve warm with a sweet chilli sauce dip…
Seeing as it was a starter, I served it along with my Sticky Chicken and a simple Egg & Veg Fried Rice.
A homemade Chinese takeaway and it was thoroughly enjoyed by my husband!😊
Hope you’ve had a fabulous weekend!💞