I thought it was time I got back into posting something seeing as I’ve been missing in action for a couple of weeks. To be honest, I have not been cooking anything worth posting and what with all the sad news around the world, I have not been very motivated to blog.
Also with Eid coming up soon and seeing as this year it will just be my husband and I celebrating, it has made me just a little sad that we are not with our families in Singapore and Malaysia or our close friends in Manchester. But like most things, there is always a silver lining….one of my good friends from Edinburgh has decided to come visit us a couple of days after Eid! So we’ll have a mini celebration then! Also, this will be my 100th post!! Yaay! 😊
Anyway, lets get to the recipe of this Posh Bread Pudding I made a couple of weeks ago. I say it’s posh because I used mini croissants instead of normal bread and I used evaporated milk to make it that extra rich and creamy!
• 5 to 6 mini croissants (roughly cut)
• 2 eggs
• 100ml evaporated milk
• 100ml milk
• 50gms caster sugar (or according to taste)
• a handful of sultanas
• 1tsp vanilla essence
1. Pre heat oven to 150 degrees C.
2. Place the mini croissants in an ovenproof dish and set aside.
3. In a bowl, beat the milk, eggs, sugar and vanilla essence before pouring over the mini croissants. Make sure the croissants are completely submerged in the mixture by gently pressing them down.
4. Add the sultanas and bake for 20 to 25 mins or until risen. It will drop once you remove it from the oven.
Serve warm with a scoop…or two..or three of vanilla ice cream…
This is one of the easiest sweets to make and you can create it any way you want!
What’s your favourite easy sweet dish?💞