It has been a while since my last post and it’s not because I have not been cooking, I have, but mostly nothing exciting worth blogging about. At one point I even revisted my blog for inspiration and made my I Think I’ll Call it a Biryani again. Have you ever felt like you have no idea whatsoever to cook?
So last night, inspiration finally struck me to make a simple, yet delicious dinner for us…Roasted Chicken Thighs topped with a cream of garlic and oyster mushroom sauce!
• Chicken thighs
• Oyster mushrooms (chopped)
• Garlic (diced)
• Double cream
• Dried parsley
• Garlic granules
• Cracked black pepper
• Salt to taste
• Olive oil
1. In a large bowl, marinade the chicken thighs in lots of cracked black pepper, salt, dried parsley, a sprinkle of garlic granules and olive oil to bind it. Leave this to marinade for a few hours or overnight.
2. Pre heat oven to 180 degrees C. Place the chicken thighs on a baking sheet and roast till golden and crispy.
3. When the chicken is almost ready, start preparing the cream sauce.
4. In a skillet, add a little olive oil and throw in the garlic & mushrooms. Sauté till the mushrooms are soft.
5. Add the dried parsley, cracked black pepper and a little salt to taste before adding the cream into the skillet. Lower the heat and let it simmer slightly for 2 mins.
6. Remove the chicken from the oven, place on a dish and top it with the cream sauce.
Garnish with dried parsley and serve with roast potatoes…
I just roasted 1 potato with its skin on, which I cut into quarters, seasoned it with salt, pepper and coated it with a little olive oil and placed it in the oven together with the chicken. Easy.
The meal was a hit with my husband and I’m sure I’ll be making it again when ideas and inspirations run dry! The good thing is, you don’t need many ingredients either! Bonus!😊