• 125gms butter
• Half cup caster sugar (add more if you like your cakes sweet)
• 1 and a half cup self raising flour
• 2 eggs
• Half cup of milk (or alternatively use evaporated milk like I did for that creamier flavour)
• 1 and a half tsp of vanilla essence
• 2 tbs cocoa powder
1. Cream the butter & sugar till white and fluffy.
2. Add the vanilla essence and carry on whisking for another 2 mins or so.
3. Add the eggs and fold into the mixture.
4. Add half of the flour and half of the milk ~ keep folding.
5. Add the rest of the flour and milk into the mixture. Keep checking the consistency.
6. Separate 1/4 of the mixture into another bowl and add cocoa powder with a little milk and fold.
7. Grease a baking tin with a little butter and start layering the 2 batters, alternating the vanilla, then the chocolate. (To create marbling, run a table knife through the batters in a swirling motion.)