It’s still fairly warm here with temperatures up to 27 degrees C yesterday. I used to live in Edinburgh and usually by this time of year I would have to crank up the heating. Not here though. Not yet anyway.
Even with the balmy weather, I really fancied a warm “autumny” salad full of gorgeous bright colours and flavours. So for dinner last night, I entertained my craving and prepared this…
• Chicken breast fillets (marinade overnight with garlic granules, paprika, oregano, salt, cracked black pepper & a little olive oil)
• Mixed salad leaves
• Mini Kumato tomatoes (they have a sweeter flavour and that stunning dark colour)
• 1 sweet potato (diced & roasted in olive oil, seasoning and honey)
• Sunflower seeds
• Pomegranate seeds
• Juice of half a lemon, honey & olive oil to dress the salad
1. Pre heat oven to 150 degrees C and roast the diced sweet potato till cooked. Mine took less than 20 mins to cook so do keep an eye on them.
2. Pan grill the chicken breast fillets till golden and set aside but make sure it stays warm.
3. Assemble your salad ~ place your mixed salad in a big bowl, throw in the tomatoes, add the warm sweet potatoes, the dressing, pomegranate seeds, sunflower seeds, seasoning and mix well.
4. Plate the salad and top it with the pan grilled chicken fillet.
Serve with warm crusty bread…
Colourful, filling, full of flavours and so simple to prepare! I hope you will give it a go.
“Autumn…the year’s last, loveliest smile.” ~ William Cullen Bryant