The craving for comfort food has hit me hard. I’m struggling to adjust to the cold this time and even made a hot water bottle to warm my toes yesterday! I can’t believe this, I used to live in Scotland. Don’t get me wrong, I loved it there and Scotland will always, always have a very special place in my heart as it was where I spent most of my early 20’s right up to my early 30’s, it was where I met my husband and it was also where we got married. But oh my goodness how did I survive the winters for almost 13 years? I don’t think I craved comfort food all the time there.
Anyway, yet again to entertain my cravings, I made a very simple Crispy Chicken dish…
• Chicken thighs or drumsticks
• Dried parsley
• Cracked black peppercorns
• Salt to tast
1. Soak the chicken thighs in milk between 20 to 30 mins.
2. Combine flour, garlic granules, paprika, dried parsley, oregano, cracked black peppercorns & salt in a large bowl.
3. Pre heat oven to 180 degrees C.
4. Heat a little oil in a pan.
5. Coat the chicken thighs thoroughly in the seasoned flour mixture and sear both sides in the hot pan before transferring them onto a baking tray and into the oven.
6. Remove the chicken thighs from the oven and let them rest for a few mins.
I served it with garlic & parsley mashed potatoes along with a very simple salad. Craving satisfied!😊
What is your favourite comfort food?