Just thought I’d share a super quick post of these gloriously coloured donuts I made earlier to have as a mid afternoon snack. They are exactly like my Sweet Potato Donuts recipe but PURPLE!💜
- 4 to 5 small Purple Yams (about 400gms)
- Self raising flour
- Sunflower oil for frying
2. In a big bowl, combine the mashed purple yam with the self raising flour. Not too much or it will make the donuts quite hard. I used about 3 tbsps, just to be able to bind the mixture together.
3. Roll into balls, flatten slightly and with your pinky, pierce a hole in the centre of the dough to shape like a doughnut. Place on a floured surface.
4. In a pan, heat the oil and slow fry them on a medium high heat. Flip over once they are cooked on one side.
5. Once cooked, remove from oil and drain on kitchen towel.
Dust with powdered sugar and serve!