About a week ago, I was nominated for The Liebster Award by Alice of A Life Moment. Being a newbie to the blogging world after a year of absence, I had to ask Google what The Liebster award was all about as I did not have a clue!
The Liebster Award is basically given to bloggers by other bloggers and it is said that the Liebster award was created to recognise and/or discover new bloggers and welcome them to the blog world.
I also found out that the word Liebster has several definitions. It is of German origins and it means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. I was EXTREMELY touched that Alice thought of me, so I would like to thank her from the bottom of my heart for the nomination and her lovely words about my blog! 😊
Now, after reading all the rules (there were many different sets!), if you have been nominated for The Liebster Award and choose to participate, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog.
3. Answer the questions which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Nominate 5 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (I bended the rules a little by nominating blogs I enjoy reading)
5. Set a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
6. List these rules in in your post. Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
7. Inform the blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post.
Ok….so here are my questions set by Alice:
1. What do you want to accomplish by blogging?
I want to be able to share recipes of some of the food that I enjoy cooking and eating.
2. Do you usually plan what you post or not?
Mmm…a little bit of both really.
3. What is your favorite memory when you were a child?
Growing up with my cousins!
4. What’s your musical band or singer and why?
Depends on my mood really. I love Salsa music and used to dance and taught salsa in my early 20’s! I also like John Legend, Alicia Keyes…too many to list!
5. What is your favorite thing about blogging and why?
I love the fact that my mum can see that I actually DO and CAN cook because usually when she comes for a visit from Australia, I get her to cook all her dishes that I love!
6. If you had to move to another country RIGHT NOW what country would you pick and why?
I think you have to be happy wherever you are and after living in Singapore, Scotland, England, Australia and now Spain…I feel that I am where I’m meant to be right now.
7. Where do you see yourself in 5 years and what you are doing?
Hopefully I will still be happy, healthy and continuously grateful for all that I have.
8. What super power would you choose to have?
To be super fast!
9. What is your guilty pleasure?
Lindt Dark Chocolate…the 85% ones!
10. What famous person would you like to meet?
And my nominees for The Liebster Award, in no particular order, are:
1. Sha ~ Life to my fullest
4. Shatarupa ~ Calorielicious
5. Yvette Mahon~ yvettesgourmetkitchen
Congratulations! You are not in any way obliged to participate. I just wanted to let you know how I enjoy reading your blogs and to keep up the amazing work!
Your questions should you choose to participate, are:
1. Savoury or sweet and why?
2. Beach or city break?
3. Who inspires you?
4. Which country would you like to visit but have not had the chance yet?
5. Coffee, tea or neither?
6. What do you enjoy doing most at weekends?
7. Do you speak any other languages apart from English? If so, which one/ones?
8. Who would be your dream guest for dinner?
9.What is your favourite quote and why?
10. Online shopping or store trawling or both or irrelevant?
11. Horror movies or comedy?
In the midst of posting this, I was nominated again by Sha of Life to my fullest one of my nominees!!!’ Thank you Sha for the nomination! Who knew you could get the award not once but twice!! Thank you!! Thank you!!! Thank youuuu!!!😊
Anyway if anyone has gotten this far, well done!! Haha!! I have been slow and taken waaay too much time doing this, but I did not want to break the chain or seem ungrateful for the nomination!
Have a fabulous weekend one and all!