We were in Hong Kong again for a few days over the weekend and I got my stock of lemongrass and other spices which I’m unable to obtain here in China. It’s a good thing we are only a 2hr drive away or I’d come home with an extra suitcase of spices!
Tonight’s dinner was a hit with my husband and I have to say that all the flavours tickled every single tastebud!
- 2 Chicken breast fillets (sliced into thin fillets)
- 1 or 2 fresh Red Chillies
- 2 stalks of Lemongrass
- 3 cloves of Garlic
- 50ml Coconut extract
- Cilantro (chopped)
- Fish sauce
- A little oil
- 4 Pineapple rings
1. In a food processor, blitz the chillies, lemongrass & garlic along with a little salt, water & a tiny drop of oil.
2. Pour the mixture into the chicken fillets and leave to marinade for a few hours or overnight.
3. In a hot pan, add a drop of oil and pan grill the chicken fillets till they are dark.
4. Remove the chicken pieces and pan grill the pineapple rings and set aside. (I just used the canned sweet pineapples to save time)
5. With the rest of the marinade in the bowl, place in the pan with a drop of oil and place the chicken pieces back in along with the coconut extract & chopped cilantro.
6. Add about a tablespoon of fish sauce, leave to simmer for 2 mins.
Arrange the grilled pineapple rings on a serving plate and place the chicken fillets on top.
Garnish with chopped cilantro & chopped chillies. Serve with rice.