It was a rainy Sunday yesterday so we went to The Guggenheim around mid day to check out an exhibition by Ernesto Neto for my birthday. By the time we got home it was quite late in the afternoon but I really fancied a Sunday Roast!
I know, I know…everyone will have their own way of cooking a roast chicken but I picked up this recipe from my Mama and she roasts the best chicken ever so I thought I’d share it.
1. In a pestle and mortar, mince the garlic together with the black pepper.
2. Combine 2 to 3 tbsp of olive oil, butter (room temperature) and the garlic & pepper mix in a bowl.
3. Rub generously on the chicken and marinade for 30 mins, or if you want, overnight.
4. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius and place the chicken in the middle of the oven.
5. Depending on the size of the chicken, I cooked mine for just over an hour. Keep checking if you are not sure. You will know it’s thoroughly cooked when if you pierce the chicken, the juices should run clear and the knive or fork should go through with ease.
I served it with a side salad, baked potato and gravy. I just used Bisto!
And thanks to my husband, I got a Birthday Profiterole for afters, no birthday cakes for me. 😋
Happy Monday! 😊