It’s all about the summer “ferias” ~ fairs and “fiestas” ~ parties here at the moment and Bilbao is full of street parties, outdoor concerts, parades and fireworks every night for 10 days during this “Semana Grande” ~ the big week.
It was also a public holiday last Friday and I decided that I wanted to prepare a cooked breakfast for us as I’m usually a slice of toast kind of person when I’m on my own and that morning my husband suggested we have French Toast. I wasn’t too keen on the idea and wanted something slightly different but with bread and eggs included, so I decided to whip up this easy Savoury Bread Pudding with the day old bread we had…
• Eggs (beaten)
• any kind of bread you may have (roughly chopped)
• Mixed dried herbs
• Cherry tomatoes (halved)
• a little milk/evaporated milk
• salt & cracked black pepper to taste
• Cheese (optional)
• Extra virgin olive oil
1. Pre heat oven to 150 degrees celcius.
2. Place the chopped bread in an ovenproof dish and set aside.
3. In a bowl, beat the eggs and into that, add the milk, herbs, salt & pepper and spinach. Combine well and pour over the bread making sure it is completely coated.
4. Add grated cheese and place the halved cherry tomatoes onto it. Drizzle with a little olive oil and bake in the oven till golden and risen.
Once ready, leave to cool for 5 mins and serve warm…
A warm hearty breakfast packed with flavours and kept us so full that we had a really late lunch!
Next time I’ll try it out with more veg like mushrooms and other herbs! Countless ways to make this! Enjoy!
What’s your favourite cooked breakfast?😊💕