The last time I had KFC was a long, long time ago and I remember being so unwell after it. Needless to say, I’ve not had it since.
I’ve made this dish before but without specific measurements and I’ve also tweaked it a little. So here is my version of a NOT KFC Chicken pieces to share with at least 4 people. Unless you’re really hungry!😋
• 8 pieces of Chicken thighs & drumsticks
• 1 cup of milk
• 1 cup plain flour
• 2 tsp dried parsley
• 2 tsp garlic granules
• 2 tsp paprika
• 2 tsp mixed herbs (or you can use Oregano)
• 1 tsp black pepper
• 1 tsp sea salt
1. Soak the chicken pieces in the milk for 20 minutes.
2. Combine the flour, garlic granules, paprika, dried parsley, mixed herbs, black pepper & the sea salt in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
3. Pre heat oven to 200 degrees C.
4. Heat a little oil in a pan.
5. Coat the chicken pieces thoroughly in the seasoned flour mixture and sear both sides in the hot pan before transferring them onto a baking tray and into the oven. Lower the oven temperature to 180 degrees C.
6. Cook for about 45 minutes or until golden and crispy.
7. Remove the chicken pieces from the oven and let them rest for about 10 minutes before serving.
Serve with a side of salad and oven baked fries sprinkled with dried parsley, sea salt & black pepper.
Happy cooking! 💛
*I came across this and it made me laugh, had to share it!