Having not been food shopping for a few days, I had no idea what to cook for dinner. I had eggs, peppers & mozzarella in the fridge and tinned tuna in the cupboard, so a simple frittata came to my mind.
– half an onion (diced)
– 1 Italian green pepper (diced)
– 1 Italian red pepper (diced)
– 6 eggs (beaten)
– buffalo mozzarella (sliced)
– 2 tomatoes (sliced)
– 1 tin of tuna
– Italian dried mixed herbs
1. Heat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
2. Grease a baking tin with a little olive oil and put to the side. (I just used my baking loaf tin)
3. Heat 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a pan.
4. Add the diced onions and peppers and sweat till slightly soft. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Add the drained tin of tuna and continue frying for 2 minutes.
6. Add half a teaspoon of dried Italian mixed herbs.
7. Add the cooked tuna & peppers into the beaten eggs and mix well.
8. Place the sliced tomatoes in the baking tin, pour in the egg mixture and arrange the sliced mozzarella on top.
9. Bake in the oven for 25 mins or until the cheese is golden.
10. Once cooked, leave to cool for 10 mins.