What could be better than a good bowl of hot noodle soup with a kick of chopped chillies on a cold and rainy day? For me, nothing.
The soup is packed with garlic & ginger, all the goodness to help prevent colds and flu especially very common this time of year. The recipe is super simple and it’s just a case of simmering everything in a pot.
• 3 Chicken thighs
• 6 cloves of garlic (whole)
• 4 chunky slices of ginger
• cracked black pepper
• Spring onions (chopped)
• 3 to 4 carrots (chopped)
• 2 stalks of Chinese celery (chopped)
• Red chilli for garnish
• Light soy sauce (salt substitute)
• Thin flat Korean Noodles or any other noodles of your choice.
1. In a pot, place the chicken thighs, garlic & ginger. Add water to cover the chicken, simmer on a medium low heat till the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
2. Fish the chicken out of the pot, set aside and add the carrots, chopped celery & spring onions into the broth.
3. Shred the chicken and place back into the pot. Season with the cracked black pepper and simmer till the carrots are soft.
4. In a separate pot, cook the Thin flat Korean noodles. Once ready, rinse with cold water so they don’t stick togther.
Place the noodles in a bowl, ladle your hot soup, garnish with spring onions & chopped chillies. Add a little soy sauce and serve. A healthy no oil, no salt dish.