Just when I thought I was feeling better, I caught a cold a few days ago. We recently bought roller blades and we were roller blading outdoors almost all of last weekend, so I think that might have something to do with it. I had not been on roller blades since I was living in Australia in 1996, but I was surprised that I managed to pick it up again quite quickly and not fall!
Anyway despite being unwell, and after having so much soup, I decided to make this pasta dish that I often have whenever we go out for an Italian meal…
(I don’t have specific measurements for the ingredients, so just cook it according to your own taste & the quantity you want to cook)
• Fresh prawns (cleaned & de-veined)
• Fresh tagliatelle
• 3-4 cloves of garlic (chopped)
• lots of Basil (chopped)
• Dried parsley
• Single cream
• Peeled plum tomatoes
• Tomato purée
• Dried chilli flakes (optional)
• Plenty cracked black pepper & a little salt to taste
• Extra virgin olive oil
1. Cook the pasta and remember to save a little pasta water for the sauce. Once done, set aside.
2. In a hot saucepan, add olive oil, garlic, dried parsley, pepper and chilli flakes.
3. Stir well for less than a minute, add the peeled plum tomatoes, salt & a little sugar and let it simmer for 2 to 3 mins. Add the cream, tomato purée and half of the chopped basil. Simmer for another 3 mins.
4. If you see that the sauce is too thick, add a little pasta water to thin it down. Now add the prawns and the rest of the basil and cook for 2 to 3 mins, making sure you don’t overcook the prawns.
5. Toss in the cooked tagliatelle into the sauce and let the sauce coat the tagliatelle thoroughly.
Garnish with dried parsley & basil, serve.
Simple, tasty and ready in minutes.
Have a great weekend to all! Happy cooking!💛