As you might all know, it was Eid yesterday and it’s a celebration marking the end of a month of fasting. My husband and I had a very quiet day enjoying a few traditional Malay delights that I prepared the day before that.
One of the sweet delights I prepared were these litte cups of sweetness. They are called Cornflakes Madu, basically Honey Cornflakes and one of many popular sweets that is served in every Malay home during Eid…
• 5 cups Cornflakes
• 1/4 cup honey
• 1/4 cup butter
• 1/2 tbsp sugar (adjust according to taste)
1. Place the cornflakes in a big bowl and crush them with your hands a little so it’s easier to spoon them in the mini paper casing.
2. Melt the butter, sugar & honey in a saucepan for 3 mins and pour the mixture into the cornflakes.
3. Combine well and make sure the cornflakes are coated thoroughly with the sweet mixture.
4. Heat oven to 150 degrees C.
5. Arrange mini paper casings on a baking sheet and spoon in the cornflakes into each one making sure you gently press them down a little so they stick well together once baked.
Store in an air tight container and you can just devour them anytime you want!
As you can see, they are dangerously easy to make!😉