Today I’d like to share a favourite dish from my childhood called Kuah Lodeh. This beautiful aromatic dish which consists of vegetables, tofu and my all time favourite tempeh, originated in Indonesia and also very popular in Singapore and Malaysia. It is often served during Eid along with many other dishes.
As much as I love this dish, it tends to be quite watery so here is my version of this simple delicious dish…
• 3 medium shallots
• 1-2 stalks of lemongrass
• 4 cloves of garlic
• 1 fresh chilli
• half tsp of turmeric powder
• Cracked black pepper
(Blend all the above ingredients in a food processor)
• Tempeh (cut into cubes and fried till golden)
• Tofu (I used ready fried tofu squares)
• half a cabbage (roughly chopped)
• Green or French beans
• Fish sauce or salt to taste
• 1 can of coconut milk
1. In a saucepan, bring the minced ingredients and coconut milk to a simmer. (No oil needed)
2. Add the tofu & tempeh into the saucepan. Simmer for 10 mins before adding the vegetables. Simmer for a further 5 mins. Season well with either fish sauce or salt.
Garnish with chopped chillies, a little cilantro and serve with white boiled rice.
I hope you will enjoy this dish as much as I do…💛