It was all about having hot soups in our household after the New Year as both my husband and I were down with the flu. I think the end of the year run got the best of us. We decided to walk home and I think we caught a chill.
To help beat the flu, I made a very simple bright orange soup full of goodness…
• 10 carrots (roughly chopped)
• 3 to 4 thick slices of Ginger
• 1 White onion (thinly sliced)
• A little olive oil & a teaspoon of butter
• Cracked black pepper & salt to taste
1. Heat the olive oil & butter in a pot, sauté the onions and ginger till soft.
2. Add the chopped carrots to the pot, sauté for a minute before adding enough water to cover the carrots.
3. Simmer till the carrots are soft, blitz in a food processor, return to the pot and continue to simmer for a couple of minutes.
Serve with warm crusty bread.
A perfect soup to help beat and prevent colds & flu.💛